Admission Requirements for the Laurier Program
To be admitted to the BCI-WLU (Laurier Brantford) Program, all of the following must be successfully completed:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Program Application
- Gr. 9 Course Selection Sheet
- First Term Gr. 8 Progress Report
- Gr. 9 Course Selection Sheet submitted to designated area High School (if out of area)
- Student Registration Form (if out of area, separate or private school)
- Two Reference Letters (Other than Relatives)
- Applicant Letter (typewritten)
- Freedom of Information Waiver Signed
Application packages are now available. They can be obtained from the BCI main office, or by visiting the Application Form page on this website. Applications are due Wednesday, January 8th, 2014. Due to inclement weather, the deadline has been extended until Wednesday, January 15, 2014
All applicants must write a letter explaining why they are applying to the program. The letter should include the strengths that the applicant will bring to the program, a situation in which the applicant has taken a leadership role, and how the program will help the applicant achieve his or her educational goals. BCI will contact your child's grade 8 teacher in order to obtain a reference from her or her. Please ensure that the correct email address for your grade 8 teacher is on your application.
All applicants will be expected to attend a half-day workshop on Tuesday, February 11, or Thursday, February 20, 2014 to learn more about the Laurier Program, and to allow them to demonstrate their creativity, leadership, teamwork, and presentation skills.